- 11th October 2017
- Posted by: Richard
- Category: Jobs
Looking for an exciting technology career opportunity without the expensive accommodation or long commutes? Want to contribute to a thriving community whilst enjoying a great quality of life without sacrificing a challenging and rewarding technology career? If this is you, read on…
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented data analyst, based in our Cavan office, who thrives on solving problems at the intersection of data, technology and business. You will have an insatiable curiosity in the field of business intelligence, analytics and data visualisation and possess a strong technical and analytical background. You will enjoy engaging with customers and have an ability to translate technical concepts into business language.
- Working as part of a team designing and implementing business intelligence and analytics solutions in the Distribution and Manufacturing sectors.
- The primary responsibility of this role will be to engage with customers to clearly understand their business needs and focus on the design and development of data visualisations and dashboards that surface important insights that helps them make better decisions faster.
- Contribute to the continued development of our supply chain analytics platform
- Design and implement data extraction (ETL) scripts
- Work as part of a team contributing to the design and development of data models.
First and foremost you will be an ambitious problem solver and exceptional communicator with a demonstrable hunger and passion for data analysis and data science with an eagerness to learn.
- Possess a Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, Physics or similar (or proven relevant experience)
- 2-5 years experience in an analytics or business intelligence in external client engagement roles
- Self motivated with the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to process and analyse complex datasets.
- Signficant SQL experience (ideally hold a Microsoft Certification) and SQL tools experience(Microsoft SSMS or equivalent)
- Experience developing dashboards in Power BI or equivalent (Tableau, Looker, Microstrategy, Qlik etc.)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure platform
- Programming experience (Python or Java) for data manipulation.
- Predictive Modeling and machine learning algorithm knowledge desirable with a willingness to learn and develop in this area.
- You will posess a full driving license and be willing to travel to customer locations.
- Work from our Cavan office.
This is an exciting role for a dynamic individual to join the company with significant opportunity for growth and development as the company expands. If you are creative, resourceful and can satisfy most of the requirements above we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org