- 24th November 2019
- Posted by: Richard
- Category: Jobs
Looking for an exciting technology career opportunity without the expensive accommodation or long commutes? Want to contribute to a thriving community whilst enjoying a great quality of life without sacrificing a challenging and rewarding technology career? If this is you, read on…
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented data engineer, based in our Cavan office in the fabulous new Cavan Digital Hub. We’re looking for someone who thrives on solving problems at the intersection of data, technology and business. You will have an insatiable curiosity in the field of business intelligence, data warehousing, analytics, machine learning and data visualisation and possess a strong technical and analytical background.
- Working as part of a team designing and implementing modern data warehousing, business intelligence and analytics solutions.
- The primary responsibility of this role will be to implement data pipelines, data warehouse models (structured and unstructured data), ETL scripts and prepare data for machine learning models.
- Engage with customers to clearly understand their needs and focus on the design and development of data visualisations and dashboards that surface important insights that helps them make better decisions faster.
- Work as part of a team contributing to the continued development of our Operational Intelligence Platform for Distributors.
First and foremost you will be an ambitious problem solver with a demonstrable hunger and passion for data engineering and data science with an eagerness to learn.
- Possess a Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, Physics or similar (or proven relevant experience)
- 2-5 years experience in an analytics, business intelligence and data warehousing in external client engagement roles
- Self motivated with the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to process and analyse complex datasets.
- Signficant SQL experience (ideally hold a Microsoft Certification) and SQL tools experience(Microsoft SSMS or equivalent)
- Experience developing dashboards in Power BI or equivalent (Tableau, Looker, Microstrategy, Qlik etc.)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure cloud platform (Azure SQL Database, Azure Data Factory, Azure ML)
- Familiarity writing queries for common ERP data models.
- Python programming experience for data manipulation (pandas, numpy)
- Knowledge and experience with big data frameworks and architectures (Kafka, Storm, Spark, Hadoop, Azure HDInsight)
- Predictive Modeling and machine learning algorithm knowledge desirable with a willingness to learn and develop in this area.
- You must possess a full driving license and be willing to travel to customer locations occasionally.
- Work from our Cavan office in the Cavan Digital Hub.
This is an exciting role for a dynamic individual to join the company with significant opportunity for growth and development as the company expands. If you are creative, resourceful and can satisfy most of the requirements above we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send your application to email@example.com